Icewind Dale (PC, CD-ROM) Sierra - 2000 USA, Canada Release
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Role Playing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The Fate of Faerun Lies Beneath the Spine of the World.
In the northernmost reaches of the Forgotten Realms lies the frozen and untamed region known as Icewind Dale. Journey deep into the Spine of the World Mountains, a harsh and unforgiving territory teeming with fearsome and merciless beasts. There you must confront an ancient evil that threatens to unleash an unspeakable horror upon the face of Faerun.
- Battle Ice Trolls, Giants, and hordes of terrifying Undead. Over 70 types of new monsters (for a total of over 150) that will put your valor to the test in real-time combat using the Baldur's Gate adaptation of the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons game system.
- Adventure through a wide range of breathtaking environments and beautifully rendered, scrolling terrain. Explore the region known as Icewind Dale, from magnificent temples and ancient ruins, to volcanic caverns and icy plains.
- The Bioware Infinity Engine, the same engine used to create Baldur's Gate, brings Icewind Dale to life with dynamic real-time fighting and weather effects, astounding combat, incredible spell effects, and visually rich, immersive gameplay.
- Complete multiplayer support for up to six players over LAN or Internet connections.
- Higher level character advancement and party-based adventuring let you develop characters of formidable power and skill.
Our journey began simply enough. We started in the quiet fishing village of Easthaven, one of the so-called "Ten Towns" of Icewind Dale. Easthaven's hardly a town, more like a collection of huts crowded around the icy shores of Lac Dinneshere. I can still remember the night we all met while we were warming ourselves in the taverns, swapping stories, boasting of our journeys- completely unaware of what awaited us in the North.
Should we have left Easthaven? If any of us live through this, maybe we can answer that question. It hardly matters now. Our adventures are carrying us deeper into the Spine of the World Mountains. Our enemies seem limitless. As each one falls, another is there to readily take its place. When night falls they stalk us as we seek rest and shelter, waiting for us to let our guard down.
Pitfalls and danger have awaited us as if our every move is watched, contemplated, and checked. Only the warmth of the small hamlet of Kuldahar keeps us going against whatever unknowns still lie ahead of us. We cannot escape this place. The crypts... these dungeons... the cold. Our skill grows daily, but it seems that so does the strength and number of our enemies. True, our journey began simply enough, but I fear the ending of it will be another matter.
Emerge from the depths... or be buried there.
Icewind Dale is one of the largest computer dungeon adventures ever created for the Forgotten Realms campaign setting. Developed using the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons rules by the Black Isle team that brought you Baldur's Gate, Fallout and Fallout 2, and Planetscape: Torment, Icewind Dale features improved graphics for advanced 3D effects that will leave you spellbound. With a new interface and streamlined player control, there's nothing to stand between you and glory; nothing except for 70 types of new monsters and some of the most formidable combat you'll ever encounter.