Homeworld (PC, CD-ROM) Sierra - 1999 USA, Canada Release
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Command a massive Star Fleet on an epic journey home.
Since the discovery of the Guide Stone 100 years ago deep in the equatorial sand of our planet, Kharak, our very origins have come into question. Now, after years of technological advancement and careful study, there is one inescapable revelation: We do not belong here. From that moment of discovery on, we have dedicated ourselves to one goal- returning home.
- Engage in 16 single-player missions or play on-line with up to seven others.
- Choose unit types, fleet formations and fight tactics for each combat group.
- Utilize advanced research to construct 54 ships ranging from light fighters to huge carriers.
- Completely customize your game from fuel consumption to color schemes.
- Explore super detailed galactic regions from asteroid fields to nebulae.
- Detailed weapons systems including: ion cannons, guided missiles, and space mines.
"Homeworld may be to strategy games what Half-Life was to 3D shooters" - Gamespot.
Your past is a lie, your future is in jeopardy, and you're 35,000 light years from home.
Kharak, a barren wasteland orbiting an insignificant star, has been our home for ages. It is a planet as old as our memory.
But recent genetic research suggests that we are different from all other forms of life on Kharak. Then came the discovery: an ancient tablet long hidden in the Great Banded Desert, buried within the wreckage of a half-destroyed spacecraft. We must now acknowledge the inescapable truth- we are aliens to this world.
This ancient rune set our civilization on a path leading straight into the heart of the galaxy. Construction began 60 years ago on the giant Mothership that will carry thousands of our race into the unknown. In the depths of space, our enemies await our return.
The journey begins now...
- Command the smallest scout ship or your entire Armada in real-time combat for pinpoint strategic control.
- Harvest resources from the depths of space, or try to salvage the wreckage of derelict and enemy vessels to add to your might.
- Choose from multiple formations and attack tactics as you send your Armada into battle. Understanding the strengths- and weaknesses- of each ship class is critical to crushing marauders in your path.
- Prepare to adjust your strategy as you navigate your Armada through an infinite 3D battlefield where the enemy can attack from any point in space.
- Unparalleled ship detail and intense artificial intelligence bring each dogfight to life, as turrets track their targets independently and pilots adjust their flight tactics mid-battle.
- A range of vessels- from the offensive might of the Heavy Cruiser to the stealth technology of the Cloak Generator- is at your disposal as you journey to the heart of the galaxy.