Hardwar (PC, CD-ROM) Interplay Productions - 1998 USA, Canada Release
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The future is greedy.
Welcome to the city of misplaced optimism...
Once a thriving mining outpost on the moon of Titan, its corporate backers pulled their funding and left the colonists to fend for themselves. Centuries of political turmoil followed giving rise to a stalemate between two factions determined to control the scarce resources needed for survival.
As far as you're concerned, they can have them. You want off this dismal rock, and will do anything to acquire the equipment you need to build your MOTH's power up to escape the moon's orbit. By keeping an eye on the comms chatter, you can pick up simple jobs like escorting or salvage work. Be careful, hundreds of years of interbreeding, wholesale cloning and genocidal "cleansing" have created a race of scavengers that could only be tenuously be called Human.
There is no one to trust here.
- Choose between 3 distinct professions: Aggressor, Trader, or Scavenger.
- Immerse yourself in a real time 3D world that would take 20 minutes to fly across and cycles through night and day. Life in the city moves about even when the player is not partaking.
- Superb arcade dogfighting action. Some ships may try to evade you after scanning your array of weapons, while others may think you are an easy target.
5 Customizable vehicles to buy and configure to your needs.
- 80 Software and hardware upgrades which affect the appearance and performance of your MOTH.
- Support characters keep you informed on assassination, exploration, defection and head-to-head dog fights.
- Up to 8 players can play via network or LAN (modem play supported). Trade and cooperate with others or blow them away and scavenge their wreckage.