First Expedition (PC, 3 1/2" Disk and 5 1/4" Disk) Interstel Corporation - 1987 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk and 5 1/4" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Long ago, a race of superior beings chose this island world as a place to settle. With their advanced technology, invasion and takeover should have been simple. Fortunately for the islanders, the Sun Spheres, which protected the world from a periodic comet, generated rays that eventually rendered the invaders powerless. Nonetheless, the invaders were partially successful. Many of the islands stand in ruins, their people scattered and isolated. Technology is forgotten and fear rules. And now, in the year of the comet, the protective Spheres are missing. To save your world from certain destruction, you must begin your First Expedition...
First Expedition is a real-time, first-person graphics adventure set in an alien, yet somehow familiar, world. From scraps of old maps and whispered folklore, you have assembled an incomplete island chart. With this chart, a compass, and a star chart found in an ancient book, you navigate the world in search of the Sun Spheres.
As Braun, captain of a seagoing craft stocked with food, fuel, ammo, and scanning rockets, you journey into a vast unknown and dangerous world. You put to the test your skills of navigation, discovery, and survival. A helpful first mate, whom you will come to trust, is on board to warn and help you. Throughout your travels, you encounter hostile pirates, sea beasts, storms, and other hazards. On the islands, you could encounter natives, who may (or may not!) be friendly. You might also discover relics or vital messages left by the invaders in ruined structures- some of which are still guarded.
If you survive, you can buy a larger craft and trade with local natives for the food and provisions needed to continue your dangerous mission. If your mission fails, you can call for a rescue. Even after the quest is completed, you can enjoy many more hours of First Expedition by leading an unlimited number of rescue missions.
Features of First Expedition.
- Real-time, first-person adventure.
- Full color graphics.
- Interaction with island natives.
- Includes island chart, star chart, and plotting compass.
- Three classes of seagoing craft.
- Sound can be toggled on/off.
- Variable speed setting for different computers.
- Save/resume games in progress.
- Cannon to fight pirates and sea beasts- adjust skill level.
- Navigate by stars (you don't need a degree in Astronomy).
- No text commands to enter- no guessing at vocabulary.
- Scanning rockets help you search for new islands.
- Unlimited rescues once the mission is solved.
- Forward view from your crafts shows instruments, the horizon (land ho!).
- Get an overhead view of an island as you approach and dock.
- At night, navigate by the stars.