Fields Of Glory (PC, 1.44MB 3 1/2" Disk) Spectrum Holobyte - 1993 USA, Canada Release
Fields Of Glory
|Media||1.44MB 3.5" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Wargame, Napoleonic Wargame|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The Battlefield Action and Leadership Game.
In 1815 Napoleon escaped from exile on the island of Elba, returned to France and made his way to Paris in triumph. His disbanded troops took up arms and flocked to his side. The defeated ruler of Europe was, once again, Emperor of France. The Allies were taken by surprise. The master military tactician was back! The Anglo-Allied army commanded by the Duke of Wellington was based in Belgium; he would have to combine forces with Blucher's Prussians to defeat Napoleon. The Emperor marched north to drive a wedge between the two armies. The battle lines were drawn for the Waterloo Campaign.
Take control of the Anglo-Allied, French, or Prussian armies: command forces that shaped the future of Europe!
- Control thousands of troops in close-up conflicts or select wider, more tactical views.
- Issue orders to your forces quickly and effortlessly with the user-friendly point-and-click interface.
- Experience the tense excitement of Napoleonic warfare from small engagements to the huge battles of Waterloo and Ligny.
- Get instant information about the status of your troops and generals from the stunning Waterloo Campaign Database, all depicted in glorious color.
- Pure, thundering 'against-the-clock' battle action that pushes you to the limits and recreates the pressures and tensions of active combat command.
Tough decisions as the battle rages!
"...all the color, action and excitement of Napoleonic warfare. Fields of Glory is a stunning product providing hundreds of hours of superb entertainment." - David Chandler, Head of the Department of War Studies, Sandhurst Royal Military Academy and military historian.