Fallout (Mac, CD-ROM) Interplay Productions - 1997 USA, Canada Release
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Role Playing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
A post nuclear role playing game.
This year's Fallout Nuclear Survival Kit uses the latest technology to keep you alive and kicking in the event of a nuclear disaster. Just look what the experts are saying:
"Fallout has everything necessary to be the best role-playing game of all time." - Next Generation.
"Fallout could signal the return on the old-school RPG. This one looks like a winner." - Gamespot.
Our existence... a subterranean Fallout shelter modified to house 1,000 people indefinitely after a nuclear holocaust. It's been nearly 80 years and we still don't have any idea what's out there. Sure, we've sent out volunteer scouts, but none of them returned...
Now our water recycler has failed. Rationing has begun, but someone needs to leave the vault to get a replacement microchip for the water recycler and look for other survivors..
We drew straws. You drew the short one...
- Remember Wasteland? Fallout creates a classic old school role-playing experience with all new depth and complexity.
- Over 50 mini-quests with multiple solutions take you through devastated wastelands such as Rad Scorpion dens, Junktown, and the Brotherhood of Steel.
- Meticulous turn-based combat system lets you target specific body parts to wound, cripple, or kill as you see fit.
- Make your own character or start with one of three pre-generated types: Diplomatic, Deceptive, and Combative.
- Victims don't just perish- they get cut in half, melt into a pile of goo, and explode like a blood sausage into chunks of flesh.
- Improve your character's skills through play and receive perks tailored to your character's abilities.
- If you agitate someone with your comments, they'll look and act agitated- and remember that encounter. Depending on the player's choice of conversation topics, characters will look happy, normal, and/or angry.