Earl Weaver Baseball 1.0 (Amiga, 3 1/2" Disk) Electronic Arts - 1987 USA, Canada Release
Earl Weaver Baseball 1.0
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Sports, Baseball|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Computer baseball like it oughta be.
(And who's gonna argue?)
Earl Weaver, modern day baseball's winningest manager, wanted a baseball simulation that put him right back in the dugout. With exciting major league action. With more stats than the Sunday sports page. With special effects better than network play-off coverage. But most of all, he wanted to take on the best mind in baseball... his own. So, with the help of artificial intelligence and powerful graphics software, Earl got just what he asked for. Now you can too.
Major League Action
- Throw a 94 mph brushback heater, a screwgie, a forkball, a curve that drops off the table. Pick your pitch and location.
- Pull the ball, lay down a bunt, hit to the opposite field.
- Control baserunners. Take lead-offs. Steal bases with diving head-first slides.
- Fool runners with pick-offs and cut-offs. Get 'em in rundowns.
- Play a homestand at the Polo Grounds. An away game in the House that Ruth built. Includes 32 existing, historical and fictional parks. You can even modify a park's dimensions.
- Watch for player injuries, ejections, even errors. Umps and managers argue.
- Challenge a friend. Or, challenge Earl Weaver himself.
- Even the odds. Four different skill levels to choose from.
- Play the action game with real player stats or without.
Major League Strategy
- Choose line-ups from 8 super-star teams of 4 different eras.
- Set your line-up to take advantage of speed and power. Position your fielders to defense individual batters.
- Over 80 separate hitter/fielder ratings like arm accuracy, fielding range, slugging percentage and speed. Over 30 separate pitcher ratings like speed, fatigue, fielding average and control. It's like a baseball encyclopedia on a disk.
- Includes righty vs. lefty averages for platooning decisions.
- Use all the big league plays. Guard the lines, hold runners, charge the bunt. Call for the double steal, the run-and-hit, the suicide squeeze.
- Hold conferences on the mound. Use the radar gun to clock your pitcher's speed.
- Run the bullpen. Pitchers tire. Relievers must be warmed-up.
- Watch for shifting wind conditions. Use real grass or astroturf lineups for power or speed.
- The Ask Earl key gives his strategic advice at any point in the game. Even get Earl's help in selecting your starting pitcher and line-up.
Better than TV
- Split screen view shows pitcher/hitter confrontation close-up and all the action on the field. Camera angle pans, following flight of the ball.
- Spectacular graphics. Read pitches by the seams on the ball. Lifelike animation of the pitcher's windup and the batter's swing. Runners kick up the dust when they slide.
- Digitized stereo sound. Batters are announced. Hear the crack of the bat, the call of the ump, the roar of the crowd.
- Actual simulation of baseball physics, including spin, trajectory, wind effects and play of the ball on astroturf or natural grass.
- TV special effects like instant replay, slow-mo, and freeze-frame.
Complete G.M. and League-Play Features
- Trade and draft with the click of a mouse. Build the team of your dreams.
- Manage a team through an entire season. Set your pitching rotations, watch for player injuries. Even let Earl manage a club.