Dvorak On Typing (PC, 3 1/2" Disk and 1.2MB 5 1/4" Disk) Interplay Productions - 1991 USA, Canada Release
Dvorak On Typing
|Media||3 1/2" Disk and 1.2MB 5.25 Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The typing tutor that talks as it teaches.
In this fast-paced age of computers, the inability to type can be a handicap in your business and academic life.
Dvorak on Typing is the first major typing program to feature a human voice that sounds out the letters as you type, helping you to become confident with touch typing. Developed in conjunction with world-renowned computer columnist John C. Dvorak, these user-friendly skill-building lessons take you step by step through the basics -- hand placement, key location, shifting, etc. As you progress, the program's brilliant graphics take you easily through the formation of sentences, paragraphs, and full correspondence. The program's voice works with you through menu selections, and later lessons even dictate to you verbally.
The program constantly monitors you progress in easy-to-read graphs, allowing you to track your speed, accuracy, problem keys and level of improvement. Most importantly, it makes learning an enjoyable experience, with encouraging lessons and games that make practice fun.
- The first typing tutor that talks as it teaches.
- Full 256 color VGA graphics.
- CGA, EGA, Tandy and Hercules monochrome support.
- Three different instructor voices to help personalize your learning.
- The first tutor to offer dictation.
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced lessons.
- Charts and graphs your personal speed, progress and accuracy.
- A fun and exciting "Sword Fighting Game" challenges you to improve your speed.
- Complete mouse, standard and Dvorak keyboard support.
- Includes lessons for the Ten-Key Numeric Pad.
- Convenient "Help" windows for every option.
John C. Dvorak, award-winning computer columnist and internationally known author and editor of seven personal computer guides and books, has used his technological expertise to help create the ultimate typing tutor.