Die By The Sword (PC, CD-ROM) Interplay Productions - 1998 USA, Canada Release
Die By The Sword
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Arcade, Fighting|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
3D Adventure and sword combat.
An eye for adventure, an itch for action!
Adventure deep into a sinister undermountain stronghold to rescue your true love from a horrific ritual sacrifice. As Enric the adventurer, slash your way through hordes of intelligent and fearless enemies. Engage Kobolds, Orc masters, and even a giant octopus in brutal combat as you explore dangerous dwarf mines, escape bubbling lava, and pilot down treacherous underground rivers. Stretch your strength, dexterity, and wits to the limit and steel yourself for the combat adventure of a lifetime.
Explore seven distinct environments like ancient temples, haunted burial crypts, and the heart of an active volcano.
Proprietary VSIM motion technology gives you unlimited freedom of movement.
Battle a vast array of horrific monsters who use tactics and strategy, and are not just suicidal.
Nothing is more satisfying than severing your opponents' limbs and using them as a weapon against them.
Up to four human opponents simultaneously over network. Two over modem or serial.
Create your own Moves.
Create and store custom moves. Use them in your quest or in the arena, or trade them with your friends.
Experience the Die by the Sword revolution!
VSIM Motion Control.
- Inflict realistic damage.
- Real-time fluid movement of arms and body.
- Infinite variety: no canned animation attack sequences.
- Full control and connection to your weapon.
- Attack and target enemy at will from any position.
- Invent and save new attacks such as backflip parries, spinning attacks, etc. with the versatile move editor.
- Trade custom over over the Internet.
Experience true physics.
- Accurate damage assessment enables dismemberment, severed limbs, and flying body parts!
- Endless reactions such as knocking off balance, tripping up, etc.
- Variable terrain impacts effects of battle.
Choose your Game.
- Multiplayer Battle Arenas where up to four players can fight simultaneously.
- Quest Mode from immersive adventuring.
- Tournament structure to test your combat abilities against the best enemies in the land.
Seek out Adventure.
- Explore seven distinct environments.
- Fight hanging upside down from a swinging rope.
- Solve brain twisting puzzles to unlock the way to your sweetheart.
- Battle your foes on a raft as it moves downstream.
- Shrewdly avoid ambushes and plot sneak attacks.
"Promises to revolutionize the world of PC games." - Computer Player.
"It should exceed Tomb Raider in nearly every way." - Next Generation.
"Seriously Hot." - Strategy Plus.
"This year's most innovative control system." - Gamespot.
"Unique technology and absolutely jaw-dropping gameplay." - Computer Player.
- Total control over weapon angles.
- Attack from any angle.
- Show your friends a good time!
- Rescue your girlfriend from being a human sacrifice.