Destroyer Escort (C64, 5 1/4" Disk) Microplay - 1989 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Naval Simulation|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
"The greatest concentration of power in a lightweight fighter the seas have ever seen."
Guiding a Destroyer Escort through hostile waters during World War II was no glamour detail. Despite its formidable array of weaponry, the escort ship was always vulnerable to attack- from airplanes, surface ships, and submarines- and only the captain's resourcefulness, and the accuracy of his gunners, could keep the convoy on course and out of harm's way.
Destroyer Escort gives you absolute control of one of the most versatile ships in naval history. You'll select the starting and destination points of your convoy, and try to plan a route through and around enemy force. After that, you'll have time only for fast thinking and accurate shooting- especially when enemy aircraft rain bullets and bombs mercilessly from the sky, warships blast you with heavy artillery from just a few thousand yards away, and submarines sling silent torpedoes at you from below.
Requiring both tactical thinking and arcade-style reflexes for success, Destroyer Escort promises hours of challenging fun for computer novices and experienced wargamers alike!
- Six different routes to navigate- each with different dangers, each requiring different strategies- between the United States, Great Britain, Murmansk and Gibraltar!
- Three variable levels of difficulty keep the game constantly challenging for any player!
- Four types of offensive weapons: torpedoes, anti-aircraft guns, depth charges and five-inch gun can blast enemies coming from any direction!
- Seven different battle screens, from the navigation center to damage reports- all drawn in detailed graphics!
- Many thrilling hours of exciting arcade game action!
- Plan your route carefully, keeping an eye out for enemy attacks at all times!
- Fast and furious combat with surface ships, submarines and enemy planes!
- Detailed graphics bring each battle screen to life, accurate instrument panel readings reflect World War II technology!