Descent II (Mac, CD-ROM) Interplay Productions - 1996 USA, Canada Release
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
You're going down... again.
But this time, you're not alone.
If you thought Descent went to the edge of 360 degree 3D power-blasting sensory insanity, then prepare yourself. You're about to plunge over the edge, and into the depths of Descent II. Suddenly warped into the outer reaches of the Zeta Aquilae System, your new mission sends you into the black depths of treacherous alien mines. You blast through enemy robots with powerful new tools, leaving their flaming hulks in your exhaust. Your ultimate goal: to exterminate the alien robot stronghold from the enemy Alien Base and claim total control- it's 30 new levels of outrageous destruction.
Joining you on your deadly new assignment is your loyal Guide-bot. This faithful companion rushes you through the twists and turns of the menacing darkness, often scouting ahead to hunt down the orbs, powerups, and tools you desperately need to complete your job. But beware- raging enemies are still determined to destroy you, including the menacing Thief-bot who's set on stealing your weapons of destruction and precious powerups. Get ready- Descent II is about to take you on a whole new synapse-smashing ride.
"A Perfect Ten." - Computer Player
- Plunge down 30 new levels in 6 different worlds, including Water, Fire, Ice and the Alien Base.
- Spin 360 degrees in fluid, 3D motion- the amazing experience that sent the first Descent straight to the top of the ratings.
- Battle 30 new, highly intelligent robot enemies- some that suck energy and track you down wherever you go.
- Activate your afterburner to increase maximum speed by 100%.
- Arm yourself with 10 new weapons, including the deadly Helix and Gauss Cannons.
- Eight-Player network: in cooperative mode, use the new real-time camera to see through your partner's eyes. Or set up surveillance cameras throughout the mines to see who's coming before they see you!
- Navigate the deep, dark tunnels with a new Floodlight powerup you can turn on and off.