Descent (PC, 1.44MB 3 1/2" Disk) Interplay Productions - 1994 USA, Canada Release
|Media||1.44MB 3.5" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Prepare to start your Descent.
Sensory overload in 360 degrees 3-D.
Welcome to Descent- 30 levels of the most mind-bending, stomach-chrurning action game ever. Featuring true 3-Dimensional worlds with light source shading, texture mapping, 3-D morphing, directional sound effects and sizzling music, this is technology taken to the limit.
You begin deep below the surface of Lunar Base I where an unknown alien race has taken over the chasm of the Post-Terran Mining Corporation. Lunge straight down mine shafts, twist around never-ending tunnels and fight your way past robotic menaces in an environment that's truly 360 degree 3-D... move up, move down, shoot everything everywhere. Hang onto your senses (and your lunch) as you drop straight down mine shafts on a ride that'll leave you spinning.
And what's the good of losing your mind if you can't share the experience with your friends? Descent invites you and your buddies to dive into the action together with head-to-head combat and cooperative two-player modem and eight-player network support.
- The only game of its kind with a full 360 degree 3-D environment.
- State-of-the-art 3-D graphics including animation, texture maps, light source shading and 3-D animating monsters.
- Highly advanced artificial intelligence with creatures that actually learn, adjusting their actions based upon your tactics. They'll plot, wait and ambush you from all sides.
- 30 twisting levels of mechanical monsters, deadly traps and hidden tunnels.
- Explosive 3-D, multi-directional sound effects and blazing musical scores.
- Multiplayer action with 8-player network and Tournament mode and 2-player head-to-head modem support.