DEFCON 5 (Large Box) (C64, 5 1/4" Disk) Cosmi - 1987 USA, Canada Release
DEFCON 5 (Large Box)
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Authentic S.D.I. "Star Wars" Simulation.
You are at the controls of America's Strategic Defense Initiative (S.D.I.) "Star Wars" space-based missile defense system.
Your computer is in command of a network of orbiting visual reconnaissance satellites and an awesome arsenal of sophisticated space-based weapons.
Using realistic military commands, you control nine separate weapon systems, including:
- Land-based chemical lasers that fire into space and are reflected by orbiting mirrors to enemy missiles while still in boost phase.
- Space-based free-electron lasers, that cannot penetrate the atmosphere but are effective is disabling the guidance systems of missiles that achieve orbit.
- Neutral particle beam weapons that are used to destroy missiles in space. These are back-up systems for the electron-lasers.
- Electro-magnetic launchers that fire "smart bullets."
The fate of the world is in your hands. You make the split-second decisions necessary to detect, intercept and destroy incoming enemy warheads.
We're at Defcon 5 and counting. Will you destroy the missiles in time to save the human race?
- De-fuse enemy space mines deployed to destroy your satellites.
- Utilize orbiting visual reconnaissance satellites to detect enemy actions.
- Tactical display monitors incoming enemy warheads.
- Control free-electron lasers to disable enemy missiles.
- Deploy neutral particle beam weapons for the space-based battle.
- Control 9 separate space-based weapons systems.