Cyber Empires (PC, 1.44MB 3 1/2" Disk) Strategic Simulations, Inc. - 1993 USA, Canada Release
|Media||1.44MB 3.5" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Clash of steel titans.
To the victor, the world.
To the loser, the junk heap.
For one to five players, Cyber Empires is a challenging strategy game of world conquest. And an explosive action game of battle between cybernetic juggernauts.
Each player starts off with a set amount of money and a country to control. Allocate your wealth to build a combination of capital structures for administration; fortresses for defense; and factories for constructing armies of giant cybernetic warriors. Large (but expensive) factories can build robots quickly; small, cheaper factories assemble them slowly. Choose from nine models of cyborgs, each with different size, armor, weaponry and terrain specialty.
A "Fog of War" option clouds your intelligence of enemy activities; you may want to spend some money to access spy satellites. Once you've got your country in order, it's time to deploy your army- and conquer!
All five players (human or computer-controlled) take turns plotting their moves. The computer randomly assigns who moves first.
During combat, you can slug it out in true arcade fashion, blasting enemy cyborgs with lasers, neutrino cannons, missiles and flame throwers. Or ask the computer to resolve every battle quickly and cleanly.
No matter which way you choose, you'll have a blast playing Cyber Empires. After all, you get to play with money, big toys and enough power to conquer an entire world.
You'd have to be a cyborg not to.
- Strategic view of the world you seek to conquer.
- Choose from nine models of cyborgs, each with different weaponry and specifications.
- Choose to fight each battle with explosive arcade action. City and lava fields are two of five terrain types.
- A strategy arcade game of world conquest for up to five players (human or computer controlled).
- Fight tactical combat in explosive real-time arcade action or let the computer resolve each battle quickly.
- Control a country, create an army of giant cybernetic warriors and deploy them to conquer an entire world.
- Choose from nine different models of cyborgs, each with unique specifications and futuristic weaponry.
- Wrestle with economics as you allocate wealth to purchase fortresses, capital buildings, factories and cyborgs.
- Exciting graphics show five terrain types and destruction of cities, forts and factories.
Playing time: 1 to 30 hours.
Art Director: Louis Hsu Saekow.
Illustrator: Arnold Doong.