Continuum (Amiga, 3 1/2" Disk) Data East - 1991 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
A new dimension of gaming...
A 3-Dimensional universe of shapes, colors, sounds... and chaos.
To enter the world of Continuum is to encounter an alternate reality. Your journey will take you across a vast geometric universe- 12 different maze regions with more than 250 unique rooms- in search of 16 crystals and 16 keys needed to complete your quest.
Visually stunning and stimulating, Continuum combines elements of strategy with depth of play in the most unique platform/maze game ever invented.
Discover the mechanics and challenge the power.
- Choose from one of six different crafts to guide through your adventure.
- Navigate from platform to platform to find the best way out of one room and into the next.
- Guide your craft through the seemingly endless labyrinth of rooms- avoiding force-fields that block doors and counter-forces that knock you off your platforms- or launch you into the air.
- Your perspective of the game changes at your command- from first person viewing to one where the computer is in control.
- "Memorize" feature lets you test risky strategies- without risking your overall progress.
- 12 Background soundtracks and visually stimulating color schemes are based on extensive research into their "effects" on the player.
- Each room will have varying gravity; in others physics won't make sense.
- Two modes of play- "action" and "emotion"- let you race against the clock for points or just explore.