Carrier Command (Mac, 3 1/2" Disk) Microprose - 1988 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
High-tech Strategy and Action in the 22nd Century.
The accent is on Command.
The carrier is a floating war room. You are Commander-in-Chief.
It's the center of a manufacturing network. You are Director of Strategic Planning.
Soon you will be busy. Very busy.
With a fleet of combat and manufacturing machines on land, sea and air, you flight for military and industrial control of 64 energy-rich islands in the energy-poor future.
You build. The enemy destroys. You return the favor.
- Knock out enemy installations with surface-to-surface missiles.
- Bring down enemy planes with your turret-mounted laser cannon.
- Maintain your defenses by positioning floating decoy drones.
- Deploy up to four fighter-bombers and four amphibious tanks at once. Control each by video-remote control. Or activate the auto-pilot while you take care of other business.
- How will you equip your tanks and planes? With weapons? Or for long-range communication?
- Should they attack an enemy island now? Or defend an island under attack? Can they even get close enough to matter?
- Which enemy island is most vulnerable now?
- Should you make the next island you conquer a resource facility? Or a factory? Or a defense center?
- How should you connect new islands with the others in your network?
- What should the ship's supply systems manufacture? Fuel, planes, tanks, bombs? How many of each? If resources get low, what supplies will you sacrifice?
"a mixture of arcade and strategy neatly blended into a fast moving game of quick reflexes, both mental and physical." - Computer and Video Games Magazine.
- You determine repair and manufacturing priorities.
- Launch 4 planes and 4 tanks simultaneously.
- Decide how to arm your planes for each mission.
- Amphibious tanks carry laser cannons and virus bombs.
- Keep your eye on the big picture with detailed maps.