California Games (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Epyx - 1987 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Introducing the gnarliest bunch of games under the sun. Games invented on the beaches by sun-baked beach bums with a fondness for ripping, grinding, and shredding. With six radically thrilling events intended to bring you to the edge and blow your mind. And make adrenaline California's most plentiful natural resource.
Wish they all could be California Games.
Get ready to shred the face off an awesomely tubular wave. Turn a "berm" on a BMX bike and spray up a wall of dirt. Launch a few feet off-the-lip with your skateboard tucked high. And while you're up there, dance for the crowd. Or if you're feeling like kicking back a bit, float a flying disk, juggle a foot bag with your heels, or just slalom the boardwalk on skates.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
But this ain't beach blanket bingo. In fact, before you even set foot on California turf, you'll choose an on-screen sponsor from among the heaviest names on the circuit. Then, hit the competition route. Prizes include trophies for a single event and a top prize in overall competition.
So get air. Go crazy. Welcome to a new state of intensity.
- Get "amped" to surf, skateboard on the half pipe, bike BMX-style, kick-back with a foot bag, rollerskate and fling the flying disc.
- Compete on California's beaches, parks, and its rough and tumbly desert turf.
- Win enough trophies to become a California Champion.
- One to eight players.
- It's not whether you win or lose, but how high off-the-lip you can jump.
- Tell the teacher you're surfin'.
- Step on a crack and break your back.