Caesar (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Impressions - 1992 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Wargame, Ancient Wargame|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Rome wasn't built in a day- How long will it take you?
Build the capital city of your province!
"I always wished Sim City had more "game" to it; Caesar has that" - Computer Gaming World.
"Caesar could take the empire-building crown for 1993; Caesar will never leave our hard drive" - Computer Game Review.
As governor of a province of the Roman Empire you must build cities and rule wisely. Fortify your cities with walls and towers- but should your defences fail, you can lead legions to crush the hostile barbarian tribes! Success will lead to promotion- and, ultimately, the very best may rise to become... Caesar!
- More than 20 buildings to construct! "A builder's banquet!" (Computer Gaming World).
- Fight barbarians in simple combat- or link into Cohort 2 (available separately) to fight out battles in a real time, animated miniatures battle!
- "The depth of the economic model adds a remarkable gameplay element to Caesar" (Computer Gaming World).
- Simple to learn, hard to master: "you can jump right in and begin playing right away if you like" (PC Entertainment).
City Building in the First Century!
- Build great cross-country walls, towers and forts to contain hostile tribes!
- Seek out areas of concern with a color coded map system.
- Your advisors in the forum will give you information to assist your reign.
- Four pillars show your success in four categories: Peace, Culture, Prosperity and Empire.