Buck Rogers Countdown To Doomsday (C64, 5 1/4" Disk) Strategic Simulations, Inc. - 1990 USA, Canada Release
Buck Rogers Countdown To Doomsday
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Role Playing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Welcome to the 25th Century!
It is the year 2456.
Humanity has spread across the terraformed planets and satellites of the solar system. Colonies drift through the upper regions of the Jupiter gas clouds and cities have been carved out of asteroids. Mars, the seat of power among the inner worlds, is home to the powerful, despotic Russo-American Mercantile (RAM). Its goal: The enslavement of the solar system.
But what of Earth?
The ancestral home of mankind now struggles to overcome the devastation of war and pollution. All hope for a return to its former glory lies with a daring band of rebels, the New Earth Organization (NEO) led by Buck Rogers.
Now, you and the members of your team can join Buck and his allies to rid the solar system of RAM tyranny!
Countdown to Doomsday is a detailed computer role-playing game based on TSR's new Buck Rogers XXV role-playing system, and uses a specially enhanced version of SSI's award-winning AD&D computer fantasy role-playing system.
Assemble a team of Rocketjocks, Warriors, Engineers, Rogues and Medis, recruited from Terrans, Martians, Venusioans, Mercurians or genetically engineered Desert Runners and Tinkers.
As your team explores the solar system, characters gain valuable skills such as piloting, zero-g maneuvering or demolition. These skills can prove more valuable than a good laser pistol in the toxic atmosphere of Venus or the sun-blasted surface of Mercury.
But hand on to that laser pistol! The 25th century is a dangerous place - especially for those who join Buck Rogers and NEO in the heroic fight for interplanetary justice and freedom!
- Join Buck Rogers and the rebels of NEO in the struggle against RAM domination!
- The vacuum of space is no place to lose a shoot-out! Use your kinetic cannons, missiles and lasers to blast galactic pirates and RAM ships into space dust.
- Interplanetary space travel is managed with the aid of the solar system map. This invaluable instrument provides you with both "system" and "local" views.
- Engage in tactical combat on the surface of Mars with rocket rifles, laser pistols, needle guns, grenades, even cutlasses or thin, keen-edged mono knives.
- A detailed computer role-playing game based on TSR's new Buck Rogers XXVc game system.
- Uses a specially enhanced version of SSI's award-winning AD&D computer fantasy role-playing system.
- Pilot your spaceship across the entire inner solar system. Engage in ship-to-ship combat using lasers, missiles and kinetic cannons.
- Battle a myriad of strange beings, including lightning reflexed Terrine battle gennies, galactic pirates and assault robots.
- Spacesuits, Battle Armor, Breather Helmets, Special Defense Grenades and even a Rocket Belt, for quick movement in tactical combat, will help protect your characters from the elements and from their enemies.
Countdown to Doomsday was created by the SSI Special Projects Team- designers and developers of SSI's AD&D Gold Box computer game hits Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Champions of Krynn and Secret of the Silver Blades.
Playing time: 40-100 hours.