Blue Max (PC, CD-ROM) Mainstream America - 1993 USA, Canada Release
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Flight Simulator, World War I Flight Simulator|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
1914- the peaceful, blue skies over France are shattered forever by the machine guns of mankind's first fighting aircraft.
The medal "Pour le merite"- the British called it "the Blue Max"- was awarded to the best German pilots of World War I. To flyers of both sides it symbolized the utmost in daring, courage and honor during a time that will never be repeated in the story of aviation.
Fame was rated daily on the numbers of planes shot down; rapid advances were made in flying technology and techniques; men prepared them selves to die at the word of a leader. And out of it all grew the desire to fly and win that pushed pilots, airplanes, and the newborn aviation industry to the limits.
In Blue Max, Aces of the Great War, begin by choosing sides and one of eight fighters. Action is immediate and relentless, as you fly the most famous aircraft of the time- Fokker, Spad, Nieuport, Sopwith, Albatros- with the best of the best, including Richthofen, Fonck, Mannock, and Rickenbacker. Learn the characteristics of each plane, and the different tricks and techniques of each ace.
Different playing modes let one or two players fly solo, as a team, or against each other using the same computer. Fly in full-action dogfights, undertake missions to destroy bridges and observation balloons, or work out strategies one segment at a time in detail.
Action dogfight, solo, and team missions for one or two players using one computer with any combination of keyboard, joystick, or mouse.
- Strategy dogfight: For the skilled purist, Blue Max acts like a highly-intelligent strategy board game allowing you and your opponent to work out the detailed battle sequences and play back the moves in "real-time" 3-D.
- 8 Airplanes to choose from each with its own highly-detailed flying characteristics.
- Perform missions with, as, or against the Aces of the Great War.
- VCR function lets you record your battles and review them from any camera angle.
- The sound of war: Original music and sound effects for all popular sound cards.
- 3-D Graphics in 256 VGA colors with multiple camera views in a complete 3-D world.
- Dozens of historical missions around 4 different locations within France.
- Red Baron (PC, 1.44MB 3 1/2" Disk) Dynamix - 1991 USA, Canada Release
- Knights Of The Sky (PC, 1.44MB 3 1/2" Disk) Microprose - 1993 USA, Canada Release
- Knights Of The Sky (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Microprose - 1990 USA, Canada Release
- Knights Of The Sky (PC, 5 1/4" Disk) Microprose - 1990 USA, Canada Release