Bill Elliott's NASCAR Challenge (Amiga, 3 1/2" Disk) Konami - 1991 USA, Canada Release
Bill Elliott's NASCAR Challenge
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Arcade, Racing, Automobile, Stock Car|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Do you have racing in your blood and ice in your veins.
Konami introduces the only NASCAR endorsed stock car simulation that turns your disk drive into a pit pass to the most authentic racing environment available. Co-designed by Winston Cup Champion Bill Elliott and Distinctive Software- developed or Test Drive and The Duel- this is a test of your mettle and milliseconds on the banked ovals of six official, perfectly scaled NASCAR tracks like Daytona, Talladega, Bristol, Darlington, Michigan and Atlanta. Or the two twisting road courses of Sears Point or Watkins Glen. All with bit map graphics plus a scaling technique, creating graphics so detailed you can actually read the car's make when you go bumper to bumper.
On-screen statistics tell you course length, maximum banking and the total number of laps in each race. With this vital data, adapt your car to each unique track by adjusting gear ratio, transmission, spoiler angle and tire stagger. Depending on whether you're racing or qualifying for pole position, you must also decide which type of engine to use. But "dial in" your car carefully. One miscalculation could send you reeling into the wall.
When you think you have the right stuff, drop the hammer on NASCAR's finest field of racers- including Bill Elliott himself- in single races or compete for the Cup in the Championship Season.
- Strap yourself into the roll cage of a Chevy Lumina, Pontiac Grand Prix or Ford Thunderbird. Then get ready to go head to head with Bill Elliott and a field of NASCAR's finest.
- Every facet of NASCAR racing has been compiled to bring you the most realistic stock car simulation available- speed, acceleration, drafting, sling shotting, handling, aerodynamics and maneuverability. The action is so authentic you'll feel the groove in your fingers.
- Push man and machine in practice runs, single races, or in the grueling Championship Season.
- Konami gives you the truest depiction of NASCAR racing with bit map scaling that provides the most detailed images available.
- You can win it or lose it right here. Choose between seven different maintenance options and watch as your realistic pit crew scrambles to save seconds.
- The VCR mode has the most comprehensive instant replay system, allowing you to tape and play back the race action from six camera positions (with zooms) including the never before seen tower perspective with fluid horizontal/vertical movement. You can even view the action from competition's eyes. All of which can be seen in slow motion or frame by frame.