Battle Chess (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Interplay Productions - 1990 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Traditional, Chess|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
It took 2000 years for someone to make chess better. The most challenging game on earth comes to life in Battle Chess. An entire medieval world at war is reflected on the checkered field.
Everyone who's ever had a knight take a pawn has seen the capture as more than one piece replacing another on the board. In players' minds, the bold knight, resplendent in his armor of silver or ebony, sallies forth and slays the foul footsoldier. Combat, mortal combat, is the heart and soul of chess, but this aspect of it can only live in the minds eye...
Lots of computer chess games capture the basic of chess. Only Battle Chess combines a magnificent chess logic system with colorful and dramatic three dimensional animations.
- Advanced, state-of-the-art 3-D animation and digitized sound effects.
- Over 4 megabytes of animation.
- Winner of the Best Graphics Achievement In A Non-Graphics Product award from the Software Publishers Association.
- Play against the computer or your friends, or let the computer play against itself.
- Modem capability for long distance games.
- 10 Levels of play challenge even the most sophisticated player.
- Opening library of 30,000 moves.
- A wonderful way to teach children to play chess.
- The stunning 3 dimensional view brings a life and realism to the game never before seen in a computer chess program.
- Knight vs. Knight never looked so exciting. Each piece has its own unique method of attacking different foes.
- The 2 dimensional screen graphics provide clarity of vision and ease of play.
"Every chess player will want a copy of this program. Highly recommended." - Computer Gaming World.