Battle Chess (Amiga, 3 1/2" Disk) Interplay Productions - 1988 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Traditional, Chess|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
It took 2000 years for someone to make chess better. The most challenging game on earth comes to life in Battle Chess. An entire medieval world at war is reflected on the checkered field.
Everyone who's ever had a knight take a pawn has seen the capture as more than one piece replacing another on the board. In players' minds, the bold knight, resplendent in his armor of silver or ebony, sallies forth and slays the foul footsoldier. Combat, mortal combat, is the heart and soul of chess, but this aspect of it can only live in the minds eye...
Lots of computer chess games capture the basic of chess. Only Battle Chess combines a magnificent chess logic system with colorful and dramatic three dimensional animations.
- Animated 3-D or traditional 2-D overview of the action.
- Advanced 3-D animation and digitized sound effects.
- Over 4 megabytes of animation.
- Play against the computer or your friends, or let the computer play against itself.
- Modem capability for long distance games.
- 10 levels of play challenge even the most sophisticated player.
- Opening library of 30,000 moves.
- Two artists were made as mad as Paul Morphy doing this game.
- The stunning 3 dimensional view brings a life and realism to the game. It returns the feeling of a real chess board to those who've never gotten used to flat screen graphics.
- Knight vs. Knight never looked so exciting. Each piece has its own unique methods of attacking any foe.
- The 2 dimensional screen graphics provide clarity of vision and ease of play.
- All this and brains too. Battle Chess isn't just exciting to watch, it's smart enough to play great chess.