Archangel (PC, CD-ROM) JoWooD Productions - 2002 USA, Canada Release
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
This is how your nightmare begins:
Without so much as a flicker of pain. Without a sear on your body; no marks, no cuts, or bruises- which is frightening and strange, because your last memory is of bracing yourself for the awful impact of a head-on collision. A stranger drags you from the twisted wreckage.
Now you find yourself standing in a mystical place. And angelic figure tells you of the battle that lies ahead. How only you can defeat the forces of evil. You must open the door to a quest that will take you to the heart of this mystery.
As time shifts from a fantastic past to a science-fiction future, Archangel launches you into a dark, gritty world of action-RPG. Fulfill your destiny and dispel the darkness utilizing the powers bestowed upon you. Perhaps you have it in you to become the Archangel. But there are many who'd gladly see you fail.
- Third-person action meets RPG in this epic quest.
- Choose between the Path of the Spirit and harness magical powers or take the Path of Warrior and develop great strength and brutal skill.
- Explore three enormous worlds from the superstitious past to the scientific future.
- A vast range of weapons, from swords to shotguns to rocket launchers.
- Intelligent non-playable characters for extreme interaction.
- Piece together the mystery of your fate as Michael Travinsky- a man thrown into a world he doesn't understand and with powers he must learn to harness.
You are the hand of light that must hold back the darkness- evil is consuming the world- you are our last chance- if you fail, we shall perish- there will be no forgiveness- the worlds will be ruled by evil.
The ultimate battle awaits you. This is your destiny.
"Soul Reaver with twists!" - GameSpot