Arcade Game Construction Kit (C64, 5 1/4" Disk) Broderbund Software - 1988 USA, Canada Release
Arcade Game Construction Kit
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Game Design|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The World's Greatest Arcade Game Is Inside This Box.
All you have to do is design it.
You have the creativity to design great arcade games; all you need are the right tools. You don't need to be an artist. You don't need to learn a programming language (not even BASIC). Everything you need is right here in this box.
Can you beat us at our own game?
To get you started, we've included a terrific game called Labyrinth Master- an exciting 50-level Arcade game that will demand every bit of eye-hand coordination at your command. We've packed it with puzzles, treasure-hunting adventure, and eye-grabbing graphics!
All by itself, it's worth the price of admission. But we're betting you can make it even better. So be our guest.
Six great starter games.
When you're ready for still more challenge, choose from six exciting "starter kits."
Each one is packed with animation sequences, backgrounds, and sound effects to make your work easier. Each one has five different levels of play. And each one has its own personality and atmosphere.
Or are you itching to start from scratch?
In this box, you'll find the tools to design a game that's all your own- unlike anything the world has ever known! The powerful editor lets you design your own enemies, tactics, backgrounds and characters- with up to seven animated objects on screen at any given time! Build your own unique masterpieces of climbing games, mazes, and shoot-em ups... up to 50 levels deep!
Keep your games. Or share them.
With regular game disks, you can save up to 50 levels of your creations. Or make GiftDisks (with up to 15 levels) for your friends, so they can play them on their own computers- even if they don't have an Arcade Game Construction Kit.
In your hand, you hold thousands of possibilities- and one of them could be the best arcade game the world has ever seen!
- Easy-to-use window-driven interface.
- All options are completely joystick controlled with easy keyboard equivalents for frequently-used commands.
- Four different editors give you full control over sound, animation, environment, and game levels.
- 1 to 4 Players.
- Four types of computer-controlled enemies.
- "Parts boxes" give you predrawn characters, backgrounds, and animation sequences; modify them or use them as is.
- All of your editing will be a snap with AGCK's consistent user-friendly interface.
- As the Wizard in Labyrinth Master, you'll be busy avoiding assorted beasties.