A-10 Tank Killer (PC, 5 1/4" Disk) Dynamix - 1989 USA, Canada Release
A-10 Tank Killer
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Flight Simulator|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
25 Tons of flying mass destruction.
Experience the A-10 Thunderbolt II.
In A-10: Tank Killer, you take command of the ugliest, most indestructible and devastating plane ever built, the A-10 Thunderbolt II, affectionately known as "the Warthog."
Fly low and dirty through smoke-filled battlefields, ripping apart enemy tanks with your 30mm "tank killing" cannon. The battle comes up fast and furious as you skim the ground to support allied troops. Take hits that would cripple any other aircraft and laugh when a wing or engine gets blown off during battle. Intercept radio messages, get strategy tips from Jake, your co-pilot, and take your stomach on a 3 Dimensional roller-coaster ride it'll never forget. All this in unbelievably brilliant 256 color VGA, of course.
- The use of actors, digitizing and Full 256 Color VGA brings game play to a new level of reality.
- Actual digitized A-10 cockpit and realistic controls really put you into the action!
- Easy-to-use strategic maps show troop location and movement, intelligence reports, goals and terrain layout.
- 3 Space: 256 color, light source shaded 3-D. Includes mountains, rivers, canyons, animating vehicles and gradient fill skyline.
How much can you handle?
- Visual heat through full VGA support. The art, the 3-D worlds, everything. All in 256 explosive colors.
- Six different missions, each one in tank-blowing solid-filled 3-D.
- One of the most complex character intelligence systems ever developed. In this game, the battle starts with or without you!
- Incredible explosions! Big tanks make a big boom.
- Unique character interaction system. Radio messages, crew talk and animated briefing/debriefing with your CO all bring the reality and depth of game play to a new level
- Campaign Continuity. In Campaign mode, the goals of each mission are connected. So...screw up early on and you're gonna pay for it later!
- Easy to use control systems including on-line help in the form of your co-pilot, Jake.
- 10 Camera viewpoints: 3 internal and 7 external including Victim and Engagement views that take you outside to watch the devastation from a distance.
- VCR Interface: With the push of a button, at any time during play, you have complete control over World Detail Levels, Viewscreen Size and other game play preferences.
- Full musical score adds a new dimension to simulation combat.