2400 A.D. (PC, 5 1/4" Disk) Origin Systems - 1988 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Role Playing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Hello stranger. Want to be a hero?
For the first time since 2313 A.D. when the Tzorg Empire began its merciless attacks, the United Stellar Council may have a chance to defeat the treacherous Tzorgs. Reports of fierce battles near planet XK-120, indicate that slowly but steadily the council is gaining ground. It is imperative, however, that the remaining humans on XK-120 rise up now and overthrow the robot police force the Tzorgs have installed. Only then can XK-120's tactical weapons can be used to aid the Council forces.
Every last member of the resistance has either been captured or is closely monitored by the robot patrol. As a new inhabitant of XK-120, however, you have no police record, so you have a chance to locate the central control console and deactivate the robot control system. Not a good chance, but a chance.
Highlights of 2400 A.D.
Command a high-tech combat system.
- Directive override, reprogram robots to work for you.
- Holoprojector, create a duplicate image of yourself to divert robot attacks.
Explore a futuristic city in fantastic detail.
- 9 Levels of the city to explore.
- 16 Types of animated robots.
- Over 100 other human inhabitants to aid you with supplies or vital clues.
There's more than one way to make your move.
- Extensive air jet subway and sidewalk systems provide inconspicuous access to all areas of the city.
- Nuclear jetpack lets you speedily elude attacking robots.